Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
My aunt (by marriage) gave me this recipe that has been a tradition in her family for many years. Not sure of serving size as I have not made this yet but intend to do so for Thanksgiving!
- 2 (8 count) bags hamburger buns or 2 (8 count) bags hot dog buns
- 1 onion, minced
- 4 -5 celery ribs, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons sage
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 egg, well beaten
- Crumble the buns onto a baking sheet and let sit out to dry.
- Melt butter in a pan.
- Saute onion and celery.
- Add sage, salt and pepper.
- Blend in the egg and mix well.
- Pour over the crumbles and toss. (At this point, if it is too dry to form balls you can add a little chicken stock.).
- Form mixture into balls.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until outside is crispy.
Great idea but somewhat bland and dry. I had to add a little milk so they would hold together. I think I'll use the same concept with my own dressing recipe (from memory, not written). Thanks for the idea