Recipe by Cookin In Texas
I got allot of these, I bought tons of recipe boxes from an auction recently, they are all on hand written index cards. NOTE: none of these have time or servings on them so I am guesstimating those.
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3 lbs frying chickens, cut up
- 1 cup shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- In a plastic bag, combine flour, salt, pepper and poultry seasoning.
- Shake chicken, a few pieces at a time, in flour mixture to coat.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat; brown chicken.
- Reduce heat cover and simmer 30 minutes or until chicken is fork tender and juices run clear, removing cover last 10 minutes to crisp chicken.