Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My Aunt Becky gave my mother this recipe years ago when I was a little girl. She made it for us often. Now I make it for my family and they love it!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix first 8 ingredients together by hand in a large mixing bowl.
- Form meatballs into balls (1 tablespoon per meatball) and place in an ungreased 9X13-inch casserole dish.
- Mix together tomato sauce, 1 cup water and 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour over meatballs.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve on top of mashed potatoes or rice.
This is the first time I have tried a porcupine meatball recipe that the rice got totally done and I have tired several recipes. I served these along side mashed potatoes and we all enjoyed this dish and I usually don't care for meatballs. Thanks Kim D Bullwinkle
I always wanted to try porcupine meatballs, so I chose these. We all found them to be quite tasty! I made no changes except to use ground turkey instead of beef. I served them over rice with a salad on the side. I will be making these again - so easy and so good. Thanks!
This is a great receipe. Comfort food at its best. I made it in the crockpot and cooked for 6 hours on low. It was wonderful. Thanks for posting Kim.