Recipe by Kim D.
My Aunt Becky gave my mother this recipe years ago when I was a little girl. She made it for us often. Now I make it for my family and they love it!
Top Review by bullwinkle
This is the first time I have tried a porcupine meatball recipe that the rice got totally done and I have tired several recipes. I served these along side mashed potatoes and we all enjoyed this dish and I usually don't care for meatballs. Thanks Kim D Bullwinkle
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup Minute Rice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix first 8 ingredients together by hand in a large mixing bowl.
- Form meatballs into balls (1 tablespoon per meatball) and place in an ungreased 9X13-inch casserole dish.
- Mix together tomato sauce, 1 cup water and 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour over meatballs.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve on top of mashed potatoes or rice.