Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Delicious and easy Swedish Meatballs! Great for entertaining.
- 6 saltine crackers
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 jar grape jelly
- 1 jar chili sauce
- 1 lemon, juice of
- salt & pepper
- To make the meatballs, soften the saltines in water and add to meat.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Form into round ballls and refrigerate for 0 hour.
- in a medium saucpan, combine the grape jelly, chili sauce, and lemon juice.
- Simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- Remove meatballs from fridge and add to saucepan.
- Cook over low heat for 20-25 minutes until the meat is browned and cooked through.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
I made these for company and everyone inhaled them. Soooo good. Thanks so much for posting. I am not sure what absolute has issues with but these are 5 star all the way!
This is possibly the least Swedish sounding version of this dish I've ever seen.