Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A strange mix of ingredients but it tastes good.
- 1 lb ground beef, see note below
- 12 ounces chili sauce, chunky
- 10 ounces grape jelly
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely minced
- 1⁄3 cup garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- The 1 lb ground beef is frozen prepackaged Swedish meatballs readily available at your local grocery store.
- Precook meatballs as per instructions on package.
- Combine chili sauce, grape jelly, onion, garlic and worcestershire into deep frying pan.
- Heat and mix until ingredients are blended.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add cooked meatballs, partially cover and simmer on low for half an hour or longer, stirring frequently (the longer the better to infuse the flavours into the meatballs).
- Serve hot or cold.
The scent of these meatballs drove all of us crazy. When I stirred them to take a photo my DGD's and I sneaked a lick. Lucious. We are eating these over steamed rice which gives a sort of sweet and sour taste. I will definitely make these again. They taste nothing like traditional Swedish Meatballs, but are just as tasty! I forgot to mention that I used about 1/2 of the fresh garlic. I don't like a lot of it. The amount tasted perfect for me. Made for PAC Spring 2013.