Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
My Aunt Barb developed this recipe and I make it all the time. Wonderful with homemade icecream, or any ice cream for that matter!!!
- 5 cups apples, peeled,cored and sliced about 1/2 inch thick
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup oatmeal (quick cooking)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons nutmeg (a bit less if you grate it yourself)
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup margarine
- Butter bottom of a 9x13 pan and dump the apples in.
- Combine rest of the ingredients in a bowl and sprinkle over the top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes until apples are soft.
wow... this was magnificent..!!! Reminds me of the apple crisp my father makes :-) Thanks for the wonderful recipe!!
Great recipe for traditional apple crisp lovers! I never made apple crisp but when my son-in-law that I adore told me how much he loved it when he was a kid, I had to find a good recipe! This was awesome. I used all cinnamon and squeezed some lemon juice on the apples and put a bit of vanilla over them before I added the topping. YUUUUUUM!