Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Recipe Quest, simalar to mall pretzels
Make and share this Aunt Annie's Pretzels recipe from Food.com.
- Sprinkle yeast on lukewarm water in mixing bowl; stir to dissolve.
- Add sugar, salt, and stir to dissolve; add flour and knead dough until smooth and elastic.
- Let rise at least 1/2 hour.
- While dough is rising, prepare a baking soda water bath with 2 cups warm water and 2 Tbs.
- baking soda.
- Be certain to stir often.
- After dough has risen, pinch off bits of dough and roll into a long rope (about 1/2 inch or less thick) and shape.
- Dip pretzel into soda solution and place on greased baking sheet.
- Allow pretzel to rise again.
- Bake in a 450 degree oven for about 10 minutes or until golden.
- Brush with melted butter and enjoy!
- Toppings: After you brush with butter try sprinkling with coarse salt.
- Or for Auntie Anne's famous cinnamon sugar, try melting a stick of butter in a shallow bowl (big enough to fit the entire pretzel) and in another bowl, make a mixture of cinnamon and sugar.
- dip the pretzel into the butter, coating both sides generously.
- then dip again into the cinnamon mixture.