Recipe by MamaJ
My sister, Ann, hates to cook but has several delicious recipes in her repertoire that she makes again and again. This is one of those recipes. It is a little different from most chicken chilis as it includes black beans and beer and olives. Excellent comfort food! Enjoy.
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro-Tel tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 12 ounces beer
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, with liquid
- 1 cup corn (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄3 cup ripe olives, sliced
- 2 teaspoons cilantro, minced
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 3 T. oil in dutch oven and saute chicken until no longer pink.
- Remove chicken and wipe pot dry.
- Heat remaining oil and saute onion, garlic, pepper and cumin 5 minutes.
- Stir in chili powder, oregano, tomatoes, tomato sauce and beer.
- Add chicken, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add beans, corn and olives.
- Simmer 15 minutes longer.
- Stir in cilantro.
- Top with cheddar and sour cream.