Recipe by MsSally
I'm asked to bring this to every family function. This is my great aunt's recipe and when she could no longer make it, I took over. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. You can use low-fat or fat-free cream cheese for this, but it will not get hard and form a ball. If you make it with low-fat ingredients, place the mixture in a bowl or decorative crock and top with crushed pecans. Cook time does not include chill time.
- 16 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple (drained well)
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 2 tablespoons onions (minced)
- 2 tablespoons green peppers (minced)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 2 cups pecans (finely chopped, divided)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except 1 1/2 c chopped pecans with mixer till throughly combined.
- Form into two medium balls or one large ball. Wrap in plastic wrap or wax paper and refrigerate till hardened (about 1 hour or so).
- Remove from fridge and undo wrap and roll in remaining crushed pecans.
- Enjoy with assorted cracker, we like Triscuits and Club crackers best.