Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Granny Rose always made this apple cake in the deep fall whenever we would butcher. It was moist, had a wonderful taste and of course there was always enough for everyone!
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 cups chopped apples
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt, cinnamon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 2 well beaten eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- vanilla butter frosting or philadelphia cream cheese frosting
- Mix apples and sugar and let stand to draw juice.
- Mix dry ingredients, then add oil, eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in apples and juice.
- Combine well and stir in raisins and nuts.
- Bake in 9x13 pan in 350 oven, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Top with Vanilla Butter Frosting or Philadelphia Cheese Frosting (I prefer Phily Frosting).