Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Crunchy, peanut buttery treats from the late, great Aunt Agnes (aka Bad Aggie).
Make and share this Aunt Agnes' Chewies recipe from Food.com.
- Bring sugar and Karo syrup to a boil in a saucepan.
- Add peanut butter and stir until it melts into the mixture.
- Pour over the cereal in a large bowl and mix.
- Spread the sticky mixture in a cake pan or casserole dish and let sit 5-10 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve.
I'm so happy I found this recipe! When I was pregnant, all I would eat for breakfast was Special K. My son is now 6 months old and I still probably have 4 family size boxes left. I'm so excited I found a way to use them up! These turned out great. They have a similar texture to rice crispy treats but are a nice change. I drizzled some chocolate syrup on the top to make them look pretty but it just sank to the bottom of the pan (not a good idea, lol). I will be making many batches of these in the near future. Thank you!
These were so yummy! I tweaked a little - had rice crispies and figured they were similar enough. Like my mother, Agnes would have, I used every last bit of my jars of regular and chunky peanut butter and got just shy of 1 cup. For some reason, we didn't notice the chunks in the final product. Thanks, Foxgirl AND Aunt Agnes!