Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
LOVE things that are colourful, TRUE! Dessert reminds me of a rainbow too! Perhaps you'd like to try it, YES? How simple is it to make? GUESS!
- 1 (3 ounce) package orange gelatin
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- 3 -4 1⁄2 cups hot water (1 - 1 1/2 cups for each package)
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope plain gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 cup hot pineapple juice
- 1 pint heavy sweet cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 (250 g) boxes ladyfingers
- Separately dissolve each package of Jello/Gelatin in HOT water.
- Stir until completely dissolved.
- Refrigerate until firm--- then cut into cubes.
- Soften plain gelatin in 1/4 cup of COLD water and add HOT Pineapple Juice until dissolved.
- Cool then fold into whipped cream to which you have added vanilla and cream to.
- Line Spring pan with Lady Fingers (***HINT Trim tips so they stand***).
- Add Jello/Gelatin cubes to cream mixture and pour into Spring pan.
- Decorate top with tips of Lady Fingers you cut off.
- Chill 6- 12 hours.
- Remove sides from pan and serve in slices!
I found this recipe easy to make and it looked fantastic. The cake came out perfectly. I found I only needed to use 1 box of 250g ladyfingers. Also there is an error in the instructions at point 5 - you add vanilla and sugar to the whipped cream.
Great fun recipe. My kids and I enjoyed this. I used an extra box of lemon jello. Each slice is pretty when you cut into it. I didn't have any pineapple juice so I used orange juice instead. Will definetly make again.
directions were a little confusing, having never made anything like this, I had to guess about softening the plain gelatin, and about the whipped cream mixture. I don't like strawberry jello, so I substituted with cherry, and also added grape (for more like stained glass effect) I have had a similar cake, made with vanilla wafers, don't missunderstand, it was good, but the consistancy of the end result seemed to be not quite right, and the prep time was a bit more than 20 minutes, more like2-3 hours.