Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
We had this at Christmas. Even the picky eaters had seconds.
- 6 cups chopped fresh broccoli, including stems blanched, drained and cooled (I do not blanch, but leave it like it is)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely chopped fresh red onion
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup roasted sunflower seeds (optional)
- Layer broccoli, raisin, bacon and onion in 2 1/2 quart serving bowl.
- Mix sugar, vinegar, and mayonnaise.
- together in small bowl; spread over onions sealing to edges of bowl.
- Sprinkle sunflower seeds on top.
- Cover and refrigerate to chill well.
- Just before serving, toss thoroughly.
- I do not put the bacon in until I toss it before serving.
- I also just bought the packages of broccoli that was ready to serve.
I have made this many times at home, family gatherings and pot lucks, and it is always a crowd pleaser. The bowl is always empty when I bring it home! Love the crunch and blend of flavors this one brings. Love it!