We had this at Christmas. Even the picky eaters had seconds.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups chopped fresh broccoli, including stems blanched, drained and cooled (I do not blanch, but leave it like it is)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 lb bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh red onion
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup roasted sunflower seeds (optional)
- 1Layer broccoli, raisin, bacon and onion in 2 1/2 quart serving bowl.
- 2Mix sugar, vinegar, and mayonnaise.
- 3together in small bowl; spread over onions sealing to edges of bowl.
- 4Sprinkle sunflower seeds on top.
- 5Cover and refrigerate to chill well.
- 6Just before serving, toss thoroughly.
- 7I do not put the bacon in until I toss it before serving.
- 8I also just bought the packages of broccoli that was ready to serve.
Browse Our Top < 15 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 15 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Audrey's Sunshine Raisin Broccoli Salad
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 489.9
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 35.9 mg
- Sodium 660.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 27.7 g
- Protein 9.2 g