Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love beef and these hamburgers are a nice change from the traditional burger. I serve these with a side salad topped with grated Mexican cheese and dressing and Spanish rice.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 cup shredded hot monterey jack pepper cheese
- 6 toasted hamburger buns
- 6 slices tomatoes
- 6 slices avocados
- 6 tablespoons salsa
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- In medium mixing bowl, combine ground beef, salsa and bread crumbs.
- Mix well and shape into 12 hamburger patties.
- No bigger than 4 inches in diameter and 1/4 inch thick.
- On 6 patties, sprinkle cheese on top of each patty.
- Place the remaining patties on top of the cheese covered patties to form a hamburger.
- Seal ends together by pressing the ends shut.
- Place on grill.
- Grill each side for 11 to 15 minutes or until your liking.
- Place cooked hamburger on bun topped with tomato, avocado, salsa and 1 Tablespoon sour cream.
- When doubling recipe, I found I needed to add more bread crumbs so the meat was the right consistency for a hamburger.
I love a good burger and your recipe was OUTSTANDING!!! The yummy pepper-jack cheese in the middle was delicious and spicy. I used all of your suggested embelishments and all I can say is WOW!! We are having friends over for a cook-out and I am going to make them again. Can't wait. Thanks Audrey M.
Very good as a burger; my proble was it staying together. Even tho I refrigerated them for about an hour to set the meat, they wanted to apart when they were turned. The taste, however, is excellent. Spicy and great flavors.
Left out the avocados, but followed the recipe otherwise. One of the best burgers I have eaten in a long time! DD agreed with me. She and I were the only ones home, so we made some whopping big burgers and indulged with plenty of napkins! We had with onion rings for a special treat!