Recipe by Audrey M
I love beef and these hamburgers are a nice change from the traditional burger. I serve these with a side salad topped with grated Mexican cheese and dressing and Spanish rice.
Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
I love a good burger and your recipe was OUTSTANDING!!! The yummy pepper-jack cheese in the middle was delicious and spicy. I used all of your suggested embelishments and all I can say is WOW!! We are having friends over for a cook-out and I am going to make them again. Can't wait. Thanks Audrey M.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 cup shredded hot monterey jack pepper cheese
- 6 toasted hamburger buns
- 6 slices tomatoes
- 6 slices avocados
- 6 tablespoons salsa
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium mixing bowl, combine ground beef, salsa and bread crumbs.
- Mix well and shape into 12 hamburger patties.
- No bigger than 4 inches in diameter and 1/4 inch thick.
- On 6 patties, sprinkle cheese on top of each patty.
- Place the remaining patties on top of the cheese covered patties to form a hamburger.
- Seal ends together by pressing the ends shut.
- Place on grill.
- Grill each side for 11 to 15 minutes or until your liking.
- Place cooked hamburger on bun topped with tomato, avocado, salsa and 1 Tablespoon sour cream.
- When doubling recipe, I found I needed to add more bread crumbs so the meat was the right consistency for a hamburger.