1/1 Photo of Audrey's Golden Peach Butter
1 hr 10 mins
Shirl (J) 831's Note:
This is one of my mom's recipes she has had for years. This is a gentle spicy fruit butter that is great spread on top of hot popvers right out of the oven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pan, bring the peaches and water to a boil over medium heat.
- 2Reduce to low and simmer, stir often until tender. In a food processor fitted with a metal blade or a blender, process the mixture in batches until smooth.
- 3Return the puree to the pan and stir in the sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, cinnamon and cloves.
- 4Bring to a boil over medium heat, stir constantly.
- 5Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stir often till thick and reduced to about 6 cups. (approx 30 min).
- 6Ladle the peach butter into hot, sterilized jars, leaving a 1/4" of headroom.
- 7Wipe the rims clean and place lids on.
- 8Process in boiling water bath for about 10 minutes.
- 9Remove the jars and let cool at room temperature till completely cooled off.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Audrey's Golden Peach Butter
Serving Size: 1 (2755 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 761.8
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 194.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 184.3 g
- Protein 5.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of