Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from my friend, Audrey (hence the title) and had to share this with everyone. If you're tired of Spinach Artichoke Dip, this is a great alternative. Perfect for home potlucks (good to have an oven nearby for reheating). *revised 01/10/10
- 2 cups asiago cheese, Fontina, Mozzarella, Parmesan, Provolone, Romano cheese blend (Italian Style 6 cheese blend)
- 16 ounces light mayonnaise (I used Smart Balance Omega)
- 16 ounces mexicorn (drained)
- 4 ounces chopped jalapenos (drained, opt.)
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Mix ingredients together.
- Spread over baking dish.
- Place in oven for 30 minutes or until boiling.
- Serve with corn chips (I like Frito's Scoops or Santitas yellow corn).
This was great! Very quick to prepare. I used the lowfat mayo and optional jalapenos. What this really reminded us of in flavor was macaroni and cheese... YUM! My party guests started referring to it as "mac-a-corn" and cheese... big hit. Thanks for sharing! PAC Spring '12
This dip was quick to throw together for a block party yesterday. (to which I also added a can of diced green chilies) I really wanted to love this but there wasn't enough flavor in the dip for me. I thought the flavors of the Mexican corn got lost under all the cheese and mayo. It was too greasy for me...perhaps a low fat mayo was in order. I didn't get that wonderful stringiness I was hoping for from the mozzarella. I think this is a great idea that I may have to come back to tinker with more. I made this for the Name Game, Aug. 2008 in honor of my Grandma Audrey. Thanks for the post.
Oh my....I fell in love today! I had to make myself get away from this dip otherwise I would have ate it all myself!! I used low fat mayo and added some chopped up jalapenos to the mix. Thank you so much for posting!!