1/2 Photos of Audrey Hepburn's Favorite Spaghetti Al Pomodoro
1 hr 20 mins
carrie sheridan's Note:
from her son Sean's memoir: Audrey Hepburn, An Elegant Spirit
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and dice the small onion, garlic, carrots, celery and put into a large pot.
- 2Add 2 large cans of Italian pelati [prepeeled roma tomatoes].
- 3Add 1/2 of the bunch of basil with leaves left whole.
- 4Add a long drizzle of olive oil.
- 5Simmer on low for 45 minutes.
- 6Turn off heat and let it rest at least 15 minutes.
- 7Cook one package of spaghetti noodles [or angel hair] until al dente [with still a bit of a snap at the core].
- 8Place pasta on large serving bowl or plate.
- 9Pour sauce over.
- 10Cut carefully the other 1/2 of basil and sprinkle over the sauce and pasta with lots of freshly grated parmagiana reggiano cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Audrey Hepburn's Favorite Spaghetti Al Pomodoro
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 489.6
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 16.6 mg
- Sodium 324.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 18.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: