Recipe by Scott's Sassy Girl
I got this recipe from a very dear friend. I will do the original recipe with changes for diabetics. This pie is very good and I really think the ginger makes it taste sooo goood.
- 2 cups cooked mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 cups sugar or 1 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, cut in small pieces
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and cube and boil the sweet potatoes for faster cooking.
- Bake the pie shells for 6 minutes.
- Place the cut margarine in the mixing bowl. Add the sweet potatoes and Splenda and spices and blend well. Add eggs one at the time and beat well after addition. Add the milk last.
- Note: this will be a very thin mixture. Pour into the baked pie shells while still in the oven.
- Bake at 350F for 40 to 45 minutes. I start to check for doness at about 30 minutes because my oven cooks very fast and they are done at about 33 minutes.
- Do not over cook or they will be very dry.