Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a recipe that a friend got from a Wal-Mart cookbook. My husband has made it several times. He has received lots of requests for this, so I thought that I would put it on line for him. Enjoy!!
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage, hot or mild
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mexican cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 24 large jalapeno peppers, fresh
- 24 slices bacon, cut in half crosswise
- 48 wooden skewers, 3 inch
- ranch salad dressing
- Preheat grill. Soak forty-eight 3 inch wooden skewers or toothpicks in water for 30 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet cook sausage until brown. Drain fat. In large bowl combine sausage,cream cheese,shredder cheese,garlic powder and onion powder. Set aside.
- Halve jalapeno peppers lengthwise. Remove seeds and membranes, leaving stems intact. Spoon about 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture into each. Wrap bacon pieces around stuffed peppers, securing with skewers.
- Grill peppers on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over mediun heat for 9 to 12 minutes or until bacon is crisp, turning frequently.
- Serve with Ranch dressing.