Recipe by Brian Holley
This recipe is very popular in the bars and restaurants in Andalucia, in southern Spain.Often served as a starter or tapas. It so simple anyone can prepare this tasty dish.
Top Review by Elmotoo
delicious! a bit time consuming & as with frying anything it was tough keeping the oil the proper temperature. :( I drizzled regular homey on some, left some plain & spanish lavender honey on the rest & WHOA!! the lavender honey made the eggplant really special! I was surprised at how good it was! I was nervous which is why I served them as I did but the lavender honey was by far the tastiest. I might get lots of different kinds of honey to try another day. i highly recommend this recipe. made for honey tag in the spain/portugal forum 2/12.
- 2 large aubergines
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, 1/4 tsp
- oil (for frying)
- cane honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the aubergines into 1/4 " rings.
- Sprinkle with salt and allow to stand for 30 minutes.
- Wipe the moisture from the aubergines.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Season the flour with salt and pepper.
- Coat the slices with flour, then dip into the eggs.
- Fry till golden brown, dry on paper towels.
- Drizzle the cane honey over the slices and enjoy.