Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This tasty tart is easy to prepare and tastes great with a crisp, green salad.
- 250 g puff pastry
- milk, to glaze
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato paste
- 375 g aubergines, sliced
- 5 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 125 g halloumi cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons chopped oregano
- 50 g green olives, pitted and halved
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/gas mark 6.
- Roll out the pastry to form a 25cm square and place on a prepared baking sheet.
- Score around the edges 2.5cm in with a sharp knife. Brush the edges with a little milk.
- Spread the base with the tomato paste, but not going over the knife score.
- Lay the aubergine slices over, then the tomatoes and cheese. Sprinkle the oregano and olives over. Season to taste.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
This made a lovely little dinner for me on this nice spring day! I had this with a crisp salad to make a perfect light meal. I scaled this down quite a bit and made mini tarts for me and my mother. The next time I make this I will throw in other combos of veggies. Great recipe!