Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick veggie lunch with a hot sauce to taste, served with a crunchy salad........delicious!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 large aubergines, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- Tabasco sauce or hot sauce, to taste
- 6 medium juicy tomatoes, chopped
- 6 chilies
- 200 g grated cheddar cheese or 200 g feta cheese
- 6 medium pita breads
- Heat oil and gently fry onions until softened.
- Add aubergine and cook quickly until brown on all sides.
- Add garlic, hot sauce and tomatoes and cook for about 10 minutes until the sauce is reduced and the aubergine is tender.
- Season to taste.
- Spoon the mixture into 6 pittas with the chillies and cheese.
This is yummy! We had this for a light dinner tonight and my husband loved it! I used cheddar cheese, but next time I plan to use feta .. thank you!