Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Crispy little fritters. A treat for two or a feast for one! Serve with your favourite dip but may I suggest my Caper and lemon chutney?
- 1 small aubergine, sliced into 8
- 150 g halloumi cheese or 150 g panir, cut into 4 slices
- 2 tablespoons seasoned flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 50 g white breadcrumbs
- oil (for deep frying)
- Make four "sandwiches" using the aubergine as the bread and the cheese as the filling.
- Dust each in the flour.
- Dip in the egg.
- Finally coat with the breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry in the oil for 4 minutes Be careful of spitting oil.
That was a great treat! I didn't make sandwhiches because I just had the small type of eggplant. But I added lost of parmasian to my breadcrumb mix (it was an italian flavor store bought mix). So quick and tasty and unlike most fried food, it wasnt greasy. Even my daughter liked it....she had it in her mouth and was starting to chew before I could answer her when she asked what it was. When I said eggplant, there was a flash of panic across her face, then she relaxed and said "wow, I like it."