1/1 Photo of Aubergine (Eggplant) and Chickpea Tagine
1 hr 15 mins
Chef #246750's Note:
A tagine is a Moroccan casserole dish used to maximize flavour. If you don't have a tagine a normal casserole dish works just fine. Goes well over brown rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery ribs, trimmed and sliced
- 1 small leek, washed, trimmed and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (400 g) can chopped organic tomatoes
- 1 large aubergine, diced into cubes
- 2 small red peppers, deseeded and diced
- 2 small yellow peppers, deseeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable stock powder, wheat free
- 1 (410 g) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaf
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves
- 1Place the oil in the tagine or covered casserole dish and warm gently over a low heat. Add the onions, celery, leek and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add all the spices, tomatoes, and vegetables and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- 2Mix the stock with 2 tablespoons of boiling water and add to the tagine.
- 3Lower the heat and simmer for 40-50 minutes.
- 4Add the chickpeas and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- 5Add the fresh herbs and serve from the tagine or casserole dish with brown rice.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aubergine (Eggplant) and Chickpea Tagine
Serving Size: 1 (573 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 281.2
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 339.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.7 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 9.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetable stock powder