Recipe by Pink Penguin
Crumbles don't have to be sweet. This is a wonderful veggie meal that is a great hit with all that taste it.
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 aubergine, cubed
- 2 courgettes, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 400 g canned tomatoes
- 150 g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 50 g butter
- 75 g cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 200°C/gas6.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion and aubergine for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the courgettes, pepper, garlic and tomatoes. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Sift the flour and mustard powder together into a bowl. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.Stir in the grated cheese and parsley.
- Spoon the vegetables into a oven-proof dish and top with the crumble mix.
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden brown and bubbling.