Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Tried and tested - Easy and tasty. Use as a vegetable side dish or main meal for the vegetarian not-so-hungry's.
- 350 -400 g brinjals, peeled and cubed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- vegetable oil
- 125 ml condensed cream of tomato soup
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 125 g breadcrumbs, buttered
- Cook brinjals in boiling salted water for 5 minutes.
- Drain and reserve the brinjal water.
- Saute the onion in the heated vegetable oil until starting to brown.
- Add the soup to the frying pan and 125 ml of the reserved water, stirring to blend.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese until melted.
- Pour mixture over the brinjals in a casserole dish and top with the buttered crumbs.
- Bake at 350 F for 23-30 minutes and serve hot.