1/1 Photo of Aubergine and Tomato Crostata ( Italian Rustic Pie)
1 hr 10 mins
Wild Thyme Flour's Note:
This light pie is a joy to make and adored by my vegetarian mum.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a processor make a dough with the flour, oregano, salt, olive oil and enough water to make a dough ball.
- 2Rest in plastic wrap but don't refrigerate.
- 3cook the sliced aubergines with the 2 tbsp of water and 1 tbsp olive oil.
- 4Drain the auberines and place half of them in a blender with the ricotta, yogurt, eggs, parmesan and seasoning.
- 5Grease and Line a 26cm pie dish with baking paper. roll out the pastry and line the pie dish.Place another greaseproof paper on top and cover in baking beans.
- 6Bake in a 200C for 20 minutes. Remove the paper and beans and fill with the aubergine cream.
- 7Place circles o the rest of the aubergine, sliced onions and tomatoes decoratively on the surface.
- 8Mix 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp water and using a pastry brush, brush the aubergines and tomatoes. season and sprinkle on some more oregano.
- 9Bake for a further 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aubergine and Tomato Crostata ( Italian Rustic Pie)
Serving Size: 1 (729 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 748.2
- Calories from Fat 240
- Total Fat 26.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 249.5 mg
- Sodium 522.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.4 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 29.6 g