Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This light pie is a joy to make and adored by my vegetarian mum.
- 300 g plain flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup water (approx.)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 large aubergines, sliced
- 4 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 onion
- 200 g ricotta cheese
- 250 g yogurt
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- In a processor make a dough with the flour, oregano, salt, olive oil and enough water to make a dough ball.
- Rest in plastic wrap but don't refrigerate.
- cook the sliced aubergines with the 2 tbsp of water and 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Drain the auberines and place half of them in a blender with the ricotta, yogurt, eggs, parmesan and seasoning.
- Grease and Line a 26cm pie dish with baking paper. roll out the pastry and line the pie dish.Place another greaseproof paper on top and cover in baking beans.
- Bake in a 200C for 20 minutes. Remove the paper and beans and fill with the aubergine cream.
- Place circles o the rest of the aubergine, sliced onions and tomatoes decoratively on the surface.
- Mix 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp water and using a pastry brush, brush the aubergines and tomatoes. season and sprinkle on some more oregano.
- Bake for a further 30 minutes.