Recipe by KateL
Entered for ZWT, recipe from Olivado website, using NZ avocado oil.
Top Review by Debbie R.
This recipe is great even with the changes I made. I skipped the salting part and cut them into chunks rather than slices. Also, I only had one reddish green pepper, so that's what I used. The texture was great (had to cook 10 extra minutes for chunks vs. slices). A couple pieces were bitter. I don't know if that's because one of my small eggplants was bitter or due to skipping the salting step. Most of the eggplant pieces were great tho, and I loved the way the skin crunched up--the contrast with the soft interior. The bell pepper was sweet and succulent. Very nice dish. Avocado oil definitely works. Edited to add: this is really awesome as a cold salad mixed with Greek yogurt. Yum! ZWT8
- 1 large aubergines or 1 large eggplant, cut in rings and salted 30 minutes
- 2 green capsicum or 2 green bell peppers, de-seeded and cut into strips
- 2 red capsicums or 2 red bell peppers, de-seeded and cut into strips
- 2 yellow peppers or 2 yellow bell peppers, de-seeded and cut into strips
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin avocado oil
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- fresh basil (garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut aubergine into rings, salt and leave for 30 minutes, then thoroughly wash. De-seed capsicums and cut into strips.
- In a shallow roasting pan place aubergine and pepper strips, drizzle avocado oil and add salt and black pepper to taste. Heat in oven at 200C/400F for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot as a side dish or cold, tossed in yoghurt, garnished with basil.