Prep 2 mins
Cook 24 hrs
Lightly spiced with toasted coriander seeds and doused in an olive oil dressing with orange, garlic and sun-dried tomatoes, these are always a huge hit in the Auberge! Serve them with Cocktails, Aperitifs or assorted Hors D'oeuvres. They also make wonderful gifts - place them up in an attractive jar or container, add a ribbon with an olive wood spoon and a cocktail recipe - I always receive HUGE thanks for these!
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 10 ounces good quality unpitted green olives
- 1 orange, zest of
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely slivered
- 4 small bay leaves
- 2 -3 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 4 fluid ounces extra virgin olive oil
- Heat up a dry heavy based frying pan over a medium heat and add the coriander seeds. Toss them around briefly until they start to release their fragrance. Remove them and put to one side.
- Mix all the other ingredients together, and then add the toasted coriander seeds and mix again.
- Store them in a covered jar or container for 24 hours before serving, to allow to flavours to infuse.
- Bring them to room temperature if they have been stored in a very cool or cold area - as the olive oil may have congealed.
- Serve with toasted pitta bread, cocktail bread or mini toasts, bread, cocktails, aperitifs or assorted Hors D'oeuvres.
- These can be made up to 3 days in advance.
HUGE fan of marinated olives and these did not disappoint! Hubby doesn't like pits in olives, so I used the pitted sorts. I found a can of green olives in a simple light brine (they tasted like just regular black olives) and I also threw in some kalamatas for color and a change of pace. I let mine marinate for about a day and a half before tasting. I will certainly make these again, but I will use only 1 garlic clove. THANKS for a great recipe! UPDATE: These were even MORE fabulous on day 3. . .the orange was much more pronounced and I have to say they were downright OUTSTANDING.
FT - this is sooooo good!! So simple to prepare and such a hit with my family and friends!! Waited a couple of days before trying them and they were well worth the wait!!! Thanks FT!! :) Made for Holiday Tag