1/5 Photos of Auberge French Lavender Pancakes With Lavender Honey
French Tart's Note:
Our own Auberge de la Fontaine Lavender Pancakes - these are made with home-grown organic lavender flowers from our garden here in SW France, where we often serve them for breakfast! They also make a very elegant dessert when served with cream and fruit - I sometimes serve them with Rosy Rosé Berries: Strawberries and Raspberries in Wine. If you cannot get hold of culinary lavender, these pancakes are just fine if served with the lavender honey, butter and/or cream and fresh fruit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces plain flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered dried lavender flowers
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted and allowed to cool slightly
- cooking spray or butter
- lavender honey, to serve
- cream, to serve
- butter, to serve
- 1In a large bowl, mix together all dry ingredients together.
- 2Add the milk, eggs and vanilla extract and whisk until well combined.
- 3Whisk in the melted butter until the batter is thick and very smooth.
- 4Heat frying pan or griddle over medium heat, and spray with cooking oil spray or grease with a knob of butter.
- 5Spoon the pancake batter onto the griddle in equal amounts and cook until bubbles come to the surface of the batter and the edges start to curl up.
- 6Flip pancakes with a spatula, and cook for a few seconds more on the second side.
- 7Check underneath for a golden brown colour– if they are too pale, keep cooking them a bit longer.
- 8When they are done, remove them from the griddle/frying pan and put on a large heat-proof plate in the oven to keep warm and continue until all the batter is used.
- 9Makes about a dozen pancakes.
- 10Top with Lavender honey and cream, or butter and Lavender honey.
- 11Great with fruit also!
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Auberge French Lavender Pancakes With Lavender Honey
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 439.8
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 152.4 mg
- Sodium 678.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 11.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried lavender flowers