1/6 Photos of Auberge Creamed Carrots With Basil and Garlic
French Tart's Note:
One of the most requested vegetable accompaniments that I serve in the Auberge; simple & easy to adapt to personal tastes - they are finished off in a flash before serving. If you are not fond of garlic, don't add it......the same with basil, it's just that I find the two work very well together with the sweetnes of the carrots!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and slice the carrots on the diagnal - into about 1/2 slices.
- 2Boil gently or steam for about 7-10 minutes, until just softening a bit.
- 3Leave to carry on cooking in the water with the lid on until you are ready to serve - up to 15 minutes maximum.
- 4Drain and add the creme fraiche, garlic & basil to the carrots in the pan.
- 5Put the lid on again and gently mix around in the pan by shaking it.
- 6Serve hot & make sure you get all the creamy herb juices out & pour them over the carrots!
- 7You can garnish them with a bit more chopped basil OR chopped parsley if you wish.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Auberge Creamed Carrots With Basil and Garlic
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 74.9
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 10.2 mg
- Sodium 81.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 1.3 g