Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
One of the most requested vegetable accompaniments that I serve in the Auberge; simple & easy to adapt to personal tastes - they are finished off in a flash before serving. If you are not fond of garlic, don't add it......the same with basil, it's just that I find the two work very well together with the sweetnes of the carrots!
- Peel and slice the carrots on the diagnal - into about 1/2 slices.
- Boil gently or steam for about 7-10 minutes, until just softening a bit.
- Leave to carry on cooking in the water with the lid on until you are ready to serve - up to 15 minutes maximum.
- Drain and add the creme fraiche, garlic & basil to the carrots in the pan.
- Put the lid on again and gently mix around in the pan by shaking it.
- Serve hot & make sure you get all the creamy herb juices out & pour them over the carrots!
- You can garnish them with a bit more chopped basil OR chopped parsley if you wish.
What a great way to serve carrots! Delcious and so creamy, the garlic and basil add such wonderful flavours to the carrots. Next time I would like to use fresh basil, it was late so I didn't go out to pick any in the dark, I used dried basil instead. The family loved the carrots and I will be trying this one again with some lovely freshly picked basil! Thanks F.T.
Double delicious with the garlic and basil, FT. I used fat-free sour cream and it didn't melt as much as I wanted. Stil--the carrots were really enhanced by the sour cream and herbs. Made for Slide into Sides, in Cooking Photos.
This reminds me a bit of a recipe I have been making for a long time. But the basil and garlic are different. Would never have thought of it. I was tempted to make changes to this recipe as I was making it but am glad I didn't. The only thing I might do different next time is use a bit less garlic(I used fresh). But there will definately be a next time :)