Recipe by French Tart
One of the most requested vegetable accompaniments that I serve in the Auberge; simple & easy to adapt to personal tastes - they are finished off in a flash before serving. If you are not fond of garlic, don't add it......the same with basil, it's just that I find the two work very well together with the sweetnes of the carrots!
Top Review by Tisme
What a great way to serve carrots! Delcious and so creamy, the garlic and basil add such wonderful flavours to the carrots. Next time I would like to use fresh basil, it was late so I didn't go out to pick any in the dark, I used dried basil instead. The family loved the carrots and I will be trying this one again with some lovely freshly picked basil! Thanks F.T.
- 1 lb fresh carrot, peeled & sliced on the diagonal
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche or 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried garlic granules or 2 fresh garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 teaspoons freshly chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- salt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and slice the carrots on the diagnal - into about 1/2 slices.
- Boil gently or steam for about 7-10 minutes, until just softening a bit.
- Leave to carry on cooking in the water with the lid on until you are ready to serve - up to 15 minutes maximum.
- Drain and add the creme fraiche, garlic & basil to the carrots in the pan.
- Put the lid on again and gently mix around in the pan by shaking it.
- Serve hot & make sure you get all the creamy herb juices out & pour them over the carrots!
- You can garnish them with a bit more chopped basil OR chopped parsley if you wish.