Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Ain't nothing like the real thing... no artificial junk in these energy-boosting treats. Kids will like them- and so will you! You can also experiment with using other nuts or even adding some chocolate chips or using flaxseeds to replace some of the sesame seeds... endless possiblilites!
- 1⁄2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup dry milk
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1⁄2 cup hulled sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup cashews, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Press mixture into a buttered pan or roll into a log. Wrap and chill.
- Slice into bars or rounds.
- Store in an airtight container.
My grandchildren really enjoyed these after a swim a long day of swimming and playing at the beach. Thank you for sharing
So yummy and easy to make. I love the fact that it does not require baking. Sweet, but not too sweet. I like that you can taste the peanut butter but it is not the dominate taste in the bars. I'd like to try it with cashew butter next time. Used a mix of pecans and walnuts instead of cashews as that is what I had on hand. This is a keeper- thanks Roosie!