Recipe by Miss Fannie
This is a Gooseberry Patch recipe;submitted by Teresa Podracky. It is a quick weeknight supper that takes less than 25 minutes to get from stove to table. I have changed it from oil to coconut oil and from regular cheddar to light cheddar cheese to make it diet friendly.
Top Review by cookingpompom
This is fabulous and cannot recommend it enough to other parents/families. A great quick meal to have on hand (with 4 children and 3 after school activities, on 3 seperate afternoons, I need fast meals). I was a little unsure about the box of au gratin potatoes (no such thing is sold here in Australia) so peeled and sliced 5 medium potatoes and 1 sweet potato, then added 1 packet of au grating potato flavouring "three cheese" is what I had in the pantry, other than that, I made it as per the recipe. Hearty, creamy and filling while being cheap (I sliced 3 kransky sausages thinly). 6 clean plates, 1 happy mummy - this will be made again & again. Thanks for posting!
- 16 ounces kielbasa, cut into slices
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 5 1⁄4 ounces au gratin potato mix
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 cups lowfat shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook sausage in until lightly golden; drain. Add potatoes with contents of sauce mix. Stir in water. Cover and cook for 18 minutes, stirring often. Add vegetables; cover and cook for 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from heat; cover and let stand until cheese is melted.