Recipe by Dib's
In my quest to modify recipes for Electric Skillets, I came up with this. Awesome, smokey flavor!
- 3 cups thinly sliced potatoes
- 1 cup chopped smoked ham
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 teaspoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup smoked gouda cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup smoked provolone cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes in a microwave safe bowl and add water to cover.
- Cook on high for 8 minutes.
- Drain well.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the flour, cold water, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Whisk well-no lumps!
- Turn your electric skillet to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter.
- Add potato slices and ham, saute for 3 minutes-turn a few times.
- Add the water sour cream mixture.
- Mix well.
- Add the cheeses.
- Mix well.
- Cover and reduce heat to 300 degrees, cooking for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Using a spatula turn/stir potatoes.
- Cover and continue to cook for another 15 to 20 minutes. (for the second round of cooking I turned up the heat to 350 as my Fiance loves the "brown stuff").
- Remove cover and cook off any remaining liquid-about 5 minutes.