Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a marvellous side dish, or even a tasty main meal if you feel like sitting in front of the television on a cold night!!!!!!
- 1 tablespoon chicken fat or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 medium potatoes, diced
- bacon (optional)
- Make a roux with flour and fat. If I don't have fat, butter is darn close.
- Add milk, bring to boil and thicken for 1 minute.
- Add cheese, stir, and remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, boil diced potatoes until tender but still firm and drain.
- Mix with cheese sauce, top with paprika, and bake around 450 degrees Fahrenheit until top is golden.
Easy recipe to make. It was very good but with the left overs I was thinking why not add some eggs and make it a complete breakfast or nice supper. So after I mixed some of the cheese with the potatoes I then added a scrambled egg to the top and poured the rest of the cheese over it. Nice hardy breakfast or supper. I already have my next one planned. I'll use some roast beef, add some onions and mushrooms. Made for Pick a Chef.