Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Prep time does not include cooking the potatoes.
Top Review by Neta
We thought this potato dish was very good. I did use about 3/4 cup cheese on top instead of the 1/2 cup, but only because we are cheese lovers. The sour cream adds a nice tang and the crushed croutons are the perfect topping.
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup (undiluted)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- seasoning salt (or use white salt) (optional)
- 6 medium russet potatoes (cooked, peeled and diced)
- 2 -3 green onions, sliced green onions, sliced
- 1 cup crushed seasoned croutons
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 2-qt casserole dish.
- In the casserole dish, combine 1 cup cheese, sour cream, soup, thyme; mix well; season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in potatoes and onions; cover, bake for 40-45 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine crushed croutons and remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Uncover casserole, sprinkle with crouton/cheese mixture.
- Bake, uncovered an additional 10-15 minutes, or until bubbly and golden brown.