Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A simple gratin recipe.
- 4 cups potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup grated swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Toss together potatoes and onion with butter in a 9-inch baking dish.
- Cover tightly and place in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- In a small pot, combine milk, pepper and salt and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour the milk mixture over the potatoes and sprinkle with cheese.
- Replace in oven, uncovered, for another 20 to 25 minutes.
- If the potatoes are soft and the gratin is golden brown, it is ready to serve.
- If not, preheat broiler and broil for about 3 minutes to brown top before serving.
haven't tried it, but it sounds simple, healthy and good. will try it tonight but using paprika instead of nutmeg. thanks!