1/6 Photos of Au Gratin Potatoes
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Stacey DiBuono's Note:
This au gratin potatoes recipe makes the best au gratin potatoes I have had yet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Boil potatoes until just tender, 20-25 minutes; drain.
- 3When cool enough to handle, peel and dice into 1/2 inch pieces.
- 4Put potatoes in 3 qt round casserole or rectangular baking dish.
- 5In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- 6Add flour; stir while cooking, 1-2 minutes.
- 7Whisk in milk and add garlic.
- 8Season with salt and cayenne pepper.
- 9Stir in cheddar cheese and all but 2 tbs parmesan cheese.
- 10Add potatoes to sauce and stir to mix evenly.
- 11Pour into casserole dish.
- 12Sprinkle remaining parmesan cheese over top.
- 13Bake casserole 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender and dish is bubbling and lightly brown on top.
- 14Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Au Gratin Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (341 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 415.1
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 69.4 mg
- Sodium 974.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 16.5 g