Cook1 hr 15 mins
This au gratin potatoes recipe makes the best au gratin potatoes I have had yet.
Make and share this Au Gratin Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Boil potatoes until just tender, 20-25 minutes; drain.
- When cool enough to handle, peel and dice into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Put potatoes in 3 qt round casserole or rectangular baking dish.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add flour; stir while cooking, 1-2 minutes.
- Whisk in milk and add garlic.
- Season with salt and cayenne pepper.
- Stir in cheddar cheese and all but 2 tbs parmesan cheese.
- Add potatoes to sauce and stir to mix evenly.
- Pour into casserole dish.
- Sprinkle remaining parmesan cheese over top.
- Bake casserole 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender and dish is bubbling and lightly brown on top.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.