Recipe by AB_Fan
Another family favorite, compliments of my wonderful SIL. These are found at potluck suppers, wedding showers, Easter dinner, and many summertime gatherings. Delicious and well worth the time it takes to make them.
- 2 lbs frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1⁄2 lb Velveeta cheese
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 tablespoons margarine
- 1 pint half-and-half
- Melt both cheeses, margarine, and half & half in a medium saucepan.
- Spread the potatoes over the bottom of a 9x13 cake pan. Pour the cheese mixture over the potatoes and let stand for 1 hour.
- Bake for one hour at 350 degrees. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.