Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Each: 3 POINTS
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 2 lbs potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 375.
- Coat a 2-quart baking dish with Pam.
- Melt butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion begins to brown (about 5 minutes). Stir in flour. Add milk slowly, stirring. Add potatoes, stir to mix. Bring to a boil. Stir in 3/4 cup of the cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Pour mixture into the baking dish and spread out. Bake for 1 hour uncovered. Cover and bake until potatoes are fork tender, about 20 minutes more.
- Change oven temperature to broil. Sprinkle remaining cheese over potatoes and broil 6” from the heating element until the cheese is golden brown (about 1-2 minutes).
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Very good! Was looking for a quick and easy au gratin. Will definitely be making it more often now!
It don't get any better than this, thank you for sharing this with us, it lasted approximately 5 minutes on the table the first night I prepared itg. Tks Agn
Outstanding!! DH thought they were my normal potatoes. He was really surprised when I told him they were WW. This has so much flavor that you can't get past the fact that they are low in points. This is a keeper. I will be repeating this one again and again. I served this along side of Honey-Pecan Chicken. Made for PAC Fall 07'. Thanks, Psugrl for posting.