Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
The next time you make mashed potatoes make a 2 cups extra and put that 2 cups away before adding the milk and butter to the rest. You can even freeze the 2 cups that you saved. That way your all set to make this delicious side dish when ever you want to.
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon instant minced garlic
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients.
- Stir in cheese.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls into oil; press lightly to flatten.
- Cook in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown, using remaining oil as needed.
- Drain on paper towels.
Very good. Thanks Annacia for the recipe.
Yummy way to use up leftover mashed potatoes!! I decided to make mine for breakfast and scaled it back to 1/4 of the recipe, which did give us 2 good sized pancakes. I didn't need the whole egg, so combined the rest of it with another egg to make scrambled eggs and then served the eggs and pancake with a fresh fruit salad. I could see adding different veggies and even some ham, bacon or sausage to the cakes, yum!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for Please Review My Recipe Tag Game.
Wonderful twist on potato pancakes! The combo of herbs and cheese is flavorful and delicious. Great use of leftover mashed potatoes too. Thanks for sharing! Veggie Swap 45