Recipe by Annacia
The next time you make mashed potatoes make a 2 cups extra and put that 2 cups away before adding the milk and butter to the rest. You can even freeze the 2 cups that you saved. That way your all set to make this delicious side dish when ever you want to.
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon instant minced garlic
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients.
- Stir in cheese.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls into oil; press lightly to flatten.
- Cook in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown, using remaining oil as needed.
- Drain on paper towels.