1/3 Photos of Au Gratin Potato Pancakes
The next time you make mashed potatoes make a 2 cups extra and put that 2 cups away before adding the milk and butter to the rest. You can even freeze the 2 cups that you saved. That way your all set to make this delicious side dish when ever you want to.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon instant minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients.
- 2Stir in cheese.
- 3Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 4Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls into oil; press lightly to flatten.
- 5Cook in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown, using remaining oil as needed.
- 6Drain on paper towels.
Browse Our Top Mashed Potatoes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mashed Potatoes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Au Gratin Potato Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (590 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.2
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 31.7 mg
- Sodium 429.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 3.5 g