Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A different take on the traditional au gratin potatoes. I keep these in my freezer all the time for when I dont have time for making the real deal.
- 8 large baking potatoes
- 1⁄3 cup dried onion
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- parmesan cheese, for coating balls
- Bake potatoes in either oven or microwave; cool, peel & shred.
- In a large bowl combine onion, cream cheese, sour cream, butter, and seasonings.
- Mix in shredded potatoes until well combined.
- Take an ice cream scoop & dip out mixture & roll into balls.
- Roll the potato ball in Parmesan cheese until well coated and place on a cookie sheet.
- Continue making balls until all mixture is gone.
- Cover & Freeze.
- Once frozen, they can be placed in freezer bags & kept frozen.
- To cook, remove as many as you want and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Note: You could cook all at once and freeze the leftover portion for a later date and reheat in microwave.
This recipe was easy and great! My family went crazy over it. I did not use the dried onions but I added a little cheddar cheese with it.