Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
Makes a wonderful skillet supper.
Make and share this Au Gratin Peas and Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- In a large skillet, fry bacon until crisp.
- Remove bacon to drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- Drain skillet, reserving 1 tablespoon bacon drippings.
- Saute onion in the bacon drippings, until tender.
- Layer with potatoes, salt and pepper to taste, peas, 1 cup of cheese, and crumbled bacon.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Mix together the mayonnaise and milk until smooth texture.
- Pour mixture over bacon.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Remove from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Yum! This was a big hit with my family. I subbed in plain yogurt for the mayonaisse, which made it a little more watery but the extra liquid was absorbed during standing time. This definitely makes the cookbook :)
Another Goodie!! Wanted something different in comfort food tonight, I had all the ingredients, and it was so good. My husband said to tell you it's a 6 star recipe. Best of all I didn't tweak a thing! Had BBQ pork chops with it and what a nice meal. Thanks,Carole in Orlando
Fabulous! I baked it @350 for about 20 minutes after assembling and replaced half the cheddar with parmesan, but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. Definitely a keeper.