- 2 lbs hash brown potatoes
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 pint half-and-half (I use milk)
- 8 tablespoons margarine
- 9 ounces American cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) container cottage cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread potatoes evenly into greased 9" x 13" baking pan.
- Layer diced onion over potatoes.
- In a saucepan heat half-and-half, margarine and cheese.
- Cook until melted.
- Stir in cottage cheese.
- Pour sauce over potatoes.
- Let stand at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.