Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I think I found this recipe in my "goody bag" when Taste of Home hosted one of their "Cooking Schools" at the local high school several years ago. I've only made it a handful of times, much to my boyfriend's dismay for he loves this dish! It really is very good, but don't just take my word for it- try it for yourself!
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 3 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (32 ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups Durkee onions
- Oven@ 350.
- In a large bowl combine first 5 ingredients.
- Stir in potatoes and cheese.
- Transfer to a greased casserole dish.
- Sprinkle Durkee French Fried Onions over top of casserole.
- Bake for 1 hour.
i like it better with butter as i use less and still great flavor great recipe