Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This simple and tasty potpie recipe goes together quickly. It was created by Mary Zinsmeister of Slinger, Wisconsin and published by TOH. I'd use lower-fat ingredients (turkey ham, soup, milk and sour cream) to cut calories.
- 1 (5 ounce) package au gratin potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, contents of sauce mix, boiling water, peas and carrots, ham, soup, mushrooms, milk, sour cream and pimientos.
- Pour into an ungreased 2-qt. round baking dish.
- Roll out pastry to fit top of dish; place over potato mixture.
- Flute edges; cut slits in pastry.
- Bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Made this for supper tonight, everyone enjoyed it, left out the pimentos. Thanks, will make again.
I have a similar recipe posted on Zaar also, but yours is alot easier to make. I love the added AuGratins. Makes for a great comfort type food and also a quick put-together that you can do ahead and pop in the oven when you get home from work or whatever. And, I agree you can make this as LF/LC as you want. I omitted the pimento's and mushrooms and used 1/2 bag of frozen corn for the veg. Any type would work just fine also. Very versatile. Love these types of recipes. Thanks alot...Made for NewestZaar Tag Game~!