Recipe by DuChick
This simple and tasty potpie recipe goes together quickly. It was created by Mary Zinsmeister of Slinger, Wisconsin and published by TOH. I'd use lower-fat ingredients (turkey ham, soup, milk and sour cream) to cut calories.
- 1 (5 ounce) package au gratin potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, contents of sauce mix, boiling water, peas and carrots, ham, soup, mushrooms, milk, sour cream and pimientos.
- Pour into an ungreased 2-qt. round baking dish.
- Roll out pastry to fit top of dish; place over potato mixture.
- Flute edges; cut slits in pastry.
- Bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.