Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Cream cheese and a can of cheese soup turn ordinary sliced potatoes into a rich side dish that's perfect accompaniment to almost any meal.
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- paprika (optional)
- In a saucepan, heat milk over medium heat until bubbles form around side of saucepan. Remove from the heat. Add the soup, cream cheese, garlic, nutmeg and pepper; stir until smooth.
- Place the potatoes and onion in a 3-quart slow cooker. Pour the milk mixture over the potato mixture; mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
I made this for PAC 9/06. Even DH loved these potatoes & he is a crock pot snob. I had nice new potatoes from the farmstand so I didn't peel them. I would recomend stirring every few hours, too. A simple, delicious recipe that I enjoyed for breakfast & lunch the next day as well. ;) Thanks, tazdevilfan!
I loved these potatoes. I was running short on time so I slowcooked them on HIGH for 4 1/2 hours and they came out perfect. I didn't really taste much garlic (I might not have put enough as I used a spoonful of the bottled minced kind) so next time I will add a little more. I loved the cream cheese in it. Never thought to use that in my au gratin potatoes before. I will make this again. Thank you.