Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Tasty crock pot version of Au Gratin potatoes. Easy preparation and worry free cooking. Your biggest problem will be not having a serving before dinner time.
- 4 yukon gold potatoes, peeled and sliced thin (you'll need 2 - 2 1/2 pounds of potatoes)
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1 (8 ounce) package Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- black pepper
- garlic powder
- Place sliced and peeled potatoes in a crock pot.
- Add margarine and toss carefully.
- Add cream of chicken soup.
- Add cheddar cheese soup.
- Stir in milk with soups and potatoes.
- Stir in onion, using more or less to personal taste.
- Add salt, pepper and garlic powder (about 1/2 tsp each) or more or less to taste.
- Top with cubed Velveeta cheese.
- Cover crock pot and cook on high for 4 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Your cook time may be more or less according to how thin you've sliced your potatoes.
- Mine are usually pretty thin.
This is a great receipe. I did a little different twist. I used cream of mushroom soup, evaporated milk and added chopped broccolli and cooked bacon. Husband and Mom love it. Very easy to make
Wow!! This is so good!! I did add two more potatoes to the recipe because I only had russets on-hand. Next time I make it, however, I will use at least 8 russets as it tended to have more sauce than potatoes. This was a definite hit with my very picky eaters. They asked for seconds!!!
This was an excellent tasting potato dish but the instructions were a little confusing so this is what I did. I layered the potatoes, margarine (cut up into little pieces), onion, and velveeta cheese in the crockpot. I mixed the soups and milk together then poured that over the top. Then I added the seasonings. Gave it a good stir and cooked as directed. Made the most heavenly, cheesy, tender potatoes I have ever eaten. Thanks Crimsonvixen7.