Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
Fast, tasty, and easy is the name of the game with this dish. Put this on your table very quickly for a hearty pleasing meal in one dish. This is also great for potlucks and when hubby has to prepare the meal.
Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
My family and I really enjoyed this recipe. The only thing that I could think of to possibly add to this recipe is maybe a little bit of black pepper sprinkle over the potato/broccoli mixture before adding the chicken.And if you want to make this recipe even quicker than it already is,I think you could use the pre-cooked,pre-sliced chicken strips.This is going to be a repeat recipe in our home."Keep Smiling Amy :)"
- 1 (5 ounce) box au gratin potato mix
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- salt & pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 1⁄2 cups broccoli florets (fresh or frozen)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Salt and pepper the chicken and fry in the oil in a medium pan over med-high heat. Brown both sides well. Set aside.
- Prepare the potatoes according to the directions, adding 1 extra tablespoon of butter. Add the broccoli to the prepared baking dish, stirring the mix together gently, but not enough to cover the chicken with sauce.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes. Serve hot.